The anticipated Samsung Galaxy S7 flagship will not be launched at CES 2016, if the tradeshow schedule Samsung has released is any indication. While recent reports did indicate that Samsung would launch its flagship smartphone sooner than in previous years, the latest revelation points to Samsung launching the Galaxy S7 at MWC 2016, as it had with the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge last year.
Samsung’s CES 2016 announcement, made on Thursday, specifically talks about innovations in TVs and home appliances. “Samsung Electronics will once again kick off its CES with a major press conference, unveiling its latest innovations in TV, home appliances and more on January 5,” said Samsung’s press portal. Do note, the news does not rule out a launch ahead of MWC 2016, with previous reports citing an earlier than usual launch with the aim to take on competitors like Apple.
Leaks and rumours until now have suggested the Galaxy S7 will run Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor in select regions and its Exynos 8 Octa 8890 in others. The firm has reportedly entered an agreement with Qualcomm that gives it exclusive access to the chipset until April 2016. This suggests that the company’s anticipated Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone will be the first handset to have Qualcomm’s latest offering. Separately, an Exynos 8 Octa 8890-bearing handset, said to an early Galaxy S7 model, reportedly posted a record-breaking high score of 103,692 on AnTuTu last month.
The Galaxy S7 is also tipped to house a 5.2-inch display. It is also said to sport 3D Touch-like pressure sensitive display, similar to what we have seen in Apple iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.